Foundations and Endowments
We have a rich history of working with foundations, endowments and other non-profit organizations. Our personal and corporate civic altruism is evident in every market we serve. This commitment bolsters our knowledge of philanthropic pursuits and informs our strategies. We know a foundation’s endowment must grow to protect the organization’s mission, and we tap into our team’s deep expertise to help non-profit clients plan and invest for a better tomorrow. Our experience with institutional investments spans organizations of all sizes—and their shared need to perform, even in challenging economies.
Foundations we have advised over the years have:
- Enjoyed a far more organized and thoughtful approach to the management of the foundation/endowment
- Accomplished desired diversification of the investment portfolio, which reduces volatility and achieves long-term growth objectives
- Achieved confidence that their fiduciary responsibilities are being met
- Reduced their underlying administrative expense of running the foundation/endowment
- Realized increased contributions from their donors
Our history as advisors to endowments, as well as our principals’ experience in serving as officers and directors of endowments, have provided our team with the expertise needed to navigate their unique investment and reporting requirements. We understand and cater to the unique needs of boards and trustees alike.
We ourselves are very involved in the non-profit community and are civic and foundation leaders, knowledgeable about organizations’ programmatic and financial concerns. You can read more about Wescott team members’ involvement with organizations where we live and work by visiting our Wescott in the Community page.